Today we’re talking about The Fast Diet (book) which promises that you will lose pounds easily by fasting two nonconsecutive days a week. The other five days you’ll be able to eat whatever it is that you want. The book is full of anecdotes about individuals who have done it, including the author who is a TV journalist and received a medical degree and is a nutritionist. But, here is where this book is like every other book like it that is sold. If I were to write one like it (just to make money), here is what I would say:
- You can eat anything you want and as much as you want.
- The diet has a scientific sound basis in nature. We used to do this method in the old days when we were primitive man. For some reason, people think that primitive man lived luxurious, wonderful disease free lives (they didn’t).
- Your insulin levels will be less. So, if you have diabetes, it will be good for you.
- Your insulin growth factor will be less, and we all know that that’s bad for tumors.
- Oh, and by the way, this isn’t just a diet. This is a lifestyle. You can do this for the rest of your life and maintain your figure, fit and trim as you like.
Well, not only does the Fast Diet say that. So does the Paleo, Atkins and Weight Watchers diets. So does every single fad diet that you can think of. So does all the books that are sitting behind me on those shelves (see video). They all have the same basis (A through E above). I’m not sure that all of them are correct. or if any of them are correct. But this is a very simple diet. Is the book worth buying? I got it for ten bucks on Kindle. It took me about twenty minutes to read. The answer is no. Now you know all there is to know about this system. Go and practice it on yourself. Seek a physician’s counseling first if you have any health issues.
In terms of this diet, like all the other fads, it’s the perfect formula to sell a best selling book. But it is not a perfect formula that has been scientifically or rigorously tested. Here’s the real answer for you to learn how to lose the pounds and keep them off – cook. Just start cooking. I’m weight loss Doctor Terry Simpson. Good day!