After years of eating thousands of pounds of this bird made every way from buttermilk fried in the South – to baked in the North; to made by great Italian chefs, great deli chefs, and Native Americans, someone came up with Sous Vide cooking. This is the bird at its finest.
Here’s how we prepare Chicken Sous Vide…Start with some great chicken. By great, I mean a bird that actually walks for part of its life – that pecks, that isn’t raised in a cage.
Here is what you need:
- Vacuum sealing device
- Plastic wrap and plastic bags
- A Sous Vide Water oven
- Chicken breasts, de-boned and butterflied
- Salt, pepper, thyme, sage, and duck fat
Here is what you need to do:
- Roll up the fresh sage and thyme in a plastic wrap like you are rolling a cigarette. Cut into one inch rolls. Put one inch in each bag.
- Put one tablespoon of duck fat in the bottom of the bag
- Season the poultry with salt and pepper and place in the bag
- Seal the bag and place in the water oven for 40 minutes at 147 degrees Fahrenheit
- After 40 minutes – heat a frying pan until hot- add some vegetable oil
- Remove the chicken from the bag and place in the fry pan for 90 seconds a side
This is a basic recipe that will serve for all recipes. Sous Vide chicken is the most juicy and succulent you will ever have. It is the easiest for Lap-band surgery patients to digest.