My good friend Jineane Ford stopped by and we decided to make a simple fish dish that anyone can make.
Here are the ingredients:
- Halibut fillets, or cheeks if you can get them
- About 4 inches of soda or Ritz crackers
- salt and pepper
- and one stick of butter.
To make it:
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Melt one stick of butter
- Crunch up the crackers
- Cut the fillets into 1-2 inch pieces
- Dip them in butter
- Cover them in the crunched up crackers
- Then put remaining crackers over them and some butter
Into the oven it goes for just 10 minutes or so, or until the fish is flaky. That’s It!
This is best with fresh halibut– but you could use any flaky white fish. A two inch piece has about 225 calories.
I am proud of Jineane – four years ago she had Lap-band surgery and now is the weight she was when she won Ms. USA in 1989. Now she is able to eat great food- like baked fish – and keep her weight off.