Sign-up for Lap Band Surgery...following are the typical steps required prior to Lap-band surgery. This is the minimal information needed to begin the process. We are assuming that you know this surgery is your best option. If you feel you might need more information, please click this link (right). KNOW just about everything about bariatric surgery...if you want.
Steps for Lap-band Surgery
Only TWO steps are required for you to start:
Schedule an appointment:
OR call our Bariatric Coordinator for an appointment: (602) 234-8995 extension #207
Completion of bariatric surgery paperwork:
NOTE: This is a comprehensive form which may take some time to complete.
To save your time, please download and read through it prior to coming to the office.
|New patient registration information and medical history will be completed online.|
Additional steps to finish:
- You may have to obtain a referral from your primary physician. All AHCCS plans, Aetna, HMO plans and some insurance companies require a referral to see a surgeon.
- Consultation with Dr. Simpson and his bariatric coordinator
- You may be required to have other tests prior to surgery
- Some insurance companies require a six month physician supervised diet prior to surgery (we can assist you with this)
- Completion of pre-operative educational program :
- Consultation with dietician
- Fit for life class
- Classes about the Lap-band
- Attendance of at least one support group meeting
- Stop NSAID's (ibuprofen, motrin, Aleve, aspirin, etc) one week prior to surgery
- Try hard to lose 10 pounds prior to surgery to shrink the size of the liver, which makes the surgery, easier, safer, quicker and lowers the chances of bleeding from the liver.
- As needed: pre-operative labs, chest x-ray, EKG