Are You Ready for Weight Loss Surgery?
To sign-up for Lap-Band surgery you’ll want to consult with one of our staff members. We need to get some general health information from you and discuss your health history. Bariatric surgery is a major step, and your health and success are very important to us.
Initial steps for Weight Loss Surgery
To get started, we ask that you…
Schedule an appointment:
OR call our Bariatric Coordinator for an appointment: (480) 500-5080
Completion of bariatric surgery paperwork:
NOTE: This is a comprehensive form which may take some time to complete.
To save your time, please download and read through it prior to coming to the office.
|New patient registration information and medical history will be completed online.|
- You may have to obtain a referral from your primary physician. All AHCCS plans, Aetna, HMO plans and some insurance companies require a referral to see a surgeon.
- Consultation with Dr. Simpson and his bariatric coordinator
- You may be required to have tests prior to surgery
- Some insurance companies require a six month physician supervised diet prior to surgery (we can assist you with this)
- Completion of pre-operative educational program :
- Consultation with dietician
- Fit for life class
- Classes about the Lap-band
- Attendance of at least one support group meeting
- Stop NSAID’s (ibuprofen, motrin, Aleve, aspirin, etc) one week prior to surgery
- Try hard to lose 10 pounds prior to surgery to shrink the size of the liver, which makes the surgery, easier, safer, quicker and lowers the chances of bleeding from the liver.
- As needed: pre-operative labs, chest x-ray, EKG